The campsite is 3 km from the center of the popular resort of Malmedy. Here you will find everything you expect from a vacation resort. Malmedy is known for its flowers, which you can admire all summer. You will find many boutiques and beautiful historical buildings. As well as cozy terraces and restaurants with a varied cuisine. Not to mention, a modern bowling alley, an escape room, a climbing wall, etc., etc. The city of Malmedy is rich in traditions and customs. Have a look at the websites of Malmedy and East Belgium. Both have the program for all events that take place throughout the year and everything that the surrounding area has to offer.
Plenty of reasons for a nice weekend getaway, for a sporty retreat or for a cultural vacation.
More information online.
The campsite is located on the edge of Malmedy at an altitude of 500 m in a wooded area. There are excellent routes for hiking, cycling and mountain biking. Maps with marked hiking trails are available at the reception.
Ravel - Vennbahn - excursions
Ravel and Vennbahn are old railroad tracks from which hiking and biking trails have been made. From just 500 m from the campsite, in the valley, you can already follow it.
It is the perfect way to explore the hilly landscape with little ascent or descent. There are no motorized vehicles on this route, so it is very safe.
Here are a few of the numerous options that you have for day trips. You can go in any direction. You do not have to limit yourself to Belgium as the border with Luxembourg and the Netherlands is closer than you think.
- Spa-Francorchamps race track (6 km)
- War Museum (2 km)
- Malmundarium (3 km)
- Escape room, paintball, indoor climbing wall, miniature golf (3 km)
- Brewery (4 km)
- Bike park Ferme Libert (4 km)
- Lake of Bütgenbach (swimming / rowing) (7 km)
- Stavelot (Historic city with Formula 1 Museum) (10 km)
- Signal de Botrange (highest point of Belgium) (11 km)
- Baraque Michel (hiking / cross-country skiing) (14 km)
- “Hohes Venn” nature park (hiking) (14 km)
- Plopsacoo (waterfall / amusement park / canoeing) (20 km)
- Spa (thermal bath, casino, fountain) (22 km)
- Monschau (D) (historic, car-free city) (27 km)
- Remouchamps Caves (33 km)
- Safari Park (Aywaille) (35 km)
- Luxembourg (35 km)